WireGuard on iOS
Follow this guide to connect to Mullvad using the WireGuard protocol on iOS.
Install WireGuard app
Download and install the WireGuard app from the App Store.
Generate a configuration file
- From your iOS device, visit our WireGuard configuration generator webpage.
- Enter your Mullvad account number in the Account number field.
- Click on Generate a new key pair.
- From the First server drop-down menu, select All (other options currently don't work).
- Click on Generate and Download and wait 5–10 seconds for the file to begin downloading.
- When prompted, select OK to open the .zip file in the WireGuard app.
- Click on Allow when WireGuard asks to add VPN configurations.
- You may need to enter your iOS device's passcode in order to confirm.
- Open the WireGuard app.
- Click on the button next to the WireGuard tunnel you wish to use in order to connect or disconnect.
- You're all set!
Check your browser for privacy leaks
While you're connected to Mullvad, your browser could still be leaking information and therefore jeopardizing your privacy. Use our Am I Mullvad online tool to find out whether or not you're affected.
- WireGuard homepage
- WireGuard whitepaper (PDF)
- WireGuard installation instructions
- WireGuard quickstart instructions
- Donate to WireGuard development
- Formal verification of WireGuard protocol
- wg(8) homepage
- wg-quick(8) homepage
"WireGuard" is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.