This guide explains how to install and uninstall the Mullvad VPN app for Windows users.
- Windows 7 or later (64-bit).
Download and install the app
- Download the latest version of the app from our website.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to install the app.
- If you receive a warning window like the one below, click on More info.
- Then click on the Run anyway button that appears to allow the installation to continue.
- Click Install in the Windows Security pop-up window. This allows the necessary TAP adapter to be installed.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch the app directly.
To uninstall the app from your computer, you'll need to access the Windows settings.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- In the search field type "programs" and click on Add or remove programs in the results.
- In the list of programs that appears, find Mullvad VPN and single-click on it to select it.
- Click on the Uninstall button and confirm that you want to uninstall the app.
- Windows will proceed to uninstall the app and erase its local log files and cache. You'll also have the option to remove your settings.
- Click on OK once it's complete.