- The app works on most modern 64-bit Linux distributions with systemd.
- We support only the distributions listed on our app download page.
- Kernel version 4.19 or newer is required.
Download and install the app
We provide terminal instructions further down.
- Download the latest version of the app from our website.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to install the app.
You can issue the following commands to download and install the app using the Terminal. Then see the Mullvad CLI guide if you want to control Mullvad using the Terminal.
You will need to replace "MullvadVPN-XXXX.X_amd64.deb" with the name of the file that you download.
wget --content-disposition https://mullvad.net/download/app/deb/latest sudo apt install -y ./MullvadVPN-XXXX.X_amd64.deb
You will need to replace "MullvadVPN-XXXX.X_x86_64.rpm" with the name of the file that you download.
wget --content-disposition https://mullvad.net/download/app/rpm/latest sudo dnf install -y ./MullvadVPN-XXXX.X_x86_64.rpm
sudo apt purge mullvad-vpn
sudo dnf remove mullvad-vpn
Does Mullvad work on Manjaro or Arch Linux?
The mullvad-daemon does not start
Try to start it using
sudo systemctl start mullvad-daemon. If it does not help then run
sudo /opt/Mullvad\ VPN/resources/mullvad-daemon -v
The mullvad-daemon.service is not found
This can happen if you have installed /opt on it's own partition. In this case you can copy the file
/opt/Mullvad VPN/resources/mullvad-daemon.service directly into
/etc/systemd/system (removing the symbolic link).