Turn on WireGuard
Depending on your operating system, WireGuard® might already be enabled:
- Android and iOS users, WireGuard is always used so you don’t need to do anything.
- macOS and Linux users, WireGuard is the default protocol. If you only want to use WireGuard and never OpenVPN, follow the steps below.
- Windows users, follow the steps below to use WireGuard.
For desktop users, follow these simple steps for connecting to our WireGuard servers in the Mullvad VPN app:
- Click on the gear icon.
- Click on VPN settings.
- Under Tunnel protocol, select WireGuard.
- That’s it! If you’re connected, the app will automatically try reconnecting with the new setting.
Manage devices (WireGuard keys)
Go to the homepage: Manage devices
"WireGuard" is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.