macOS users – update your app
14 August 2018
MULLVAD VPN APP
There's a new stable version (2018.2) of the Mullvad VPN app available for you macOS users. Get it now!
Need help? Learn how to install and use the app by reading our macOS app guide.
We've made a number of changes since the previous stable release (2018.1):
- Auto-connect and Auto-start options have been added to the Preferences menu.
- When you click on Switch location, the list will automatically scroll to the last location you selected rather than always open at the top.
- Easily copy your account number by clicking on it in the app's settings.
- The account expiration time is now always up to date.
- You no longer need to enter your computer's login credentials each time you start the app.
- Your computer will display notification pop-ups each time the app connects or disconnects.
- In-app error messages have been improved to more specifically reflect the problem.
- We've improved the usability of the app for those who've experienced DNS-related issues.
- Users who previously remained stuck at the Login screen even after having connected should no longer experience this problem.
- When sending a problem report, the app's two most recent log files are now sent as opposed to only the latest one. This assists our support team in more easily helping the customer as many problems are logged in the next-to-last file.
- The app will no longer appear to freeze if experiencing connection problems.
- The installation process has changed.
Find the entire changelog on our GitHub page. For those unable to access our website, GitHub also hosts the app's download file.