Mullvad VPN app — 2018/11/15
Upgrade now to the newest version of the Mullvad VPN app!
For those unable to access our website, GitHub also hosts the app's download file.
What's new in this version
- A warning message in the connection screen will now notify you if you aren't running the latest version. The message will also pop up as a system notification on your desktop.
- In the connection screen, click on "MORE" to have a look at your IP and the exit IP.
- We now allow DHCPv6 in the firewall.
- Bridges and proxies are now possible to configure via the CLI (see our guide).
- This is the first version to come bundled with our new root certificate. When our current certificate expires in March, all app versions older than this one will stop working.
A few bug fixes
Overall, DNS now works much better thanks to a number of fixes:
- Sending a problem report should no longer be blocked by DNS issues.
- (macOS) We fixed a bug in DNS management that previously messed up advanced users' settings.
- (Linux) We improved DNS management detection.
- (Linux) We fixed a security hole that, if you had local network sharing turned on, potentially leaked DNS requests to your local network (i.e. not to the Internet).
- Problems with reconnection attempts have been fixed.
- (Windows 7) The installer no longer crashes at the end.
- (Linux) We fixed a bug from the previous version in which the app's user interface didn't start.
- (Fedora) The app will now update without needing a computer restart.