Jobs — 2017/12/05
-- The position has been filled --
We are looking for a Rust engineer, preferably with experience in mobile development, to lead the work on our open source VPN app for mobile platforms.
The app is to be based on our macOS app and will be written in Rust and React Native. Aside from exhibiting qualities of a proficient system developer, an ideal candidate will also have experience in the overall process of packaging mobile apps.
This is an ongoing, full-time position. Mullvad is located in Gothenburg, Sweden, but we welcome remote-based applicants too.
- You are skilled in Rust, with proven experience in effective problem solving and engineering.
- You are also fluent in English.
Nice but not necessary
- Experience with both iOS and Android is a big plus but not a requirement.
- Preferably you have experience with React Native.
- Knowledge of VPN APIs on iOS or Android is also a plus.
We believe in having a life outside of work. That’s why we offer
- flexible working hours
- 25 days of annual paid vacation
- 300 EUR annually in allowance toward wellness-related activities (friskvårdsbidrag)
- the possibility of working remotely for extended periods of time.
We also offer opportunities for growth. Aside from company-initiated opportunities for attending various national and international conferences, you will also have the option to attend one of your choosing per year. In addition, we’ll pay for any reading material that you feel contributes to your professional development.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, send us an email at email@example.com by 31 January 2018.
Mullvad is a VPN service that helps keep internet users’ online activity, identity, and location private. We are a team fully dedicated to our goal – making internet censorship and surveillance ineffective.