WireGuard app on Windows
This guide is for Windows users who want to connect to Mullvad's WireGuard servers by using the official WireGuard app.
Note: This official WireGuard release for Windows is a pre-alpha version, for testing! There are 32-bit and a 64-bit Windows versions.
Download WireGuard pre-alpha for Windows
You can download the pre-alpha of WireGuard for Windows here
Once downloaded, run the installation.
Generate and import configuration file
- In a browser, navigate to our WireGuard configuration generator.
- Enter your Mullvad account number in the Account number field.
- Select Platform Windows
- Click on Generate a new key pair. (Generate a separate key pair for each device that you use.)
- From the Server drop-down menu, select All
- Click on Generate and Download and wait 5–10 seconds for the file to begin downloading.
- Open the WireGuard app
- Press "Add Tunnel" and select the downloaded file and press Open
Connect and disconnect
- Open the WireGuard app.
- Select a Server in the list to the left
- Press "Activate" to connect, and "Deactivate" to disconnect
- You're all set! You can visit am.i.mullvad.net to check your connection.
Using multiple devices?
If you're running WireGuard on multiple devices, generate a separate key pair for each device. You will otherwise likely run into connectivity issues.
Is it working?
While on your device, visit am.i.mullvad.net to get a quick overview of your Mullvad-WireGuard connection status. In addition, it's a good time to check if your browser is leaking information and therefore jeopardizing your privacy.
"WireGuard" is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.