Update your app – new stable version (2018.6)
Upgrade now to the newest version of the Mullvad VPN app!
What's new in this version
- CLI users can now use the command block-when-disconnected to activate an extra kill switch that blocks all network traffic, even when you yourself have disconnected from Mullvad.
- We continue to improve error messages that provide more specific details about the issue at hand.
- The pop-up system notifications disappear when you open the app, instead of covering it.
- (Windows) The padlock icon in the taskbar is now visible instead of hidden.
A few bug fixes
In the connection screen, click on "connection details" (previously "MORE") and you should now always see both your IP and exit IP.
Windows users, we've hopefully decreased a number of headaches for you:
- Various antivirus software will now complain a bit less about the app's installation.
- The VPN connection will be restored more quickly after the computer has been in sleep mode.
- When you are successfully connected to Mullvad, the network connection tray icon should no longer show a warning triangle signaling that you have no internet (even though you do).
- We got rid of the WMI error in the installer.
- If your internet broke after disconnecting from Mullvad: the disconnecting process may now take a bit longer but your internet will remain intact afterward.
And for macOS, the app now detects when your internet isn't working, shows an error message, and stops attempting to make a VPN connection until your computer is back online.