Hallo Deutschland, Österreich, Nederland en België! Coucou la Belgique ! Witaj Polsko! Announcing Mullvad’s biggest payment method expansion ever: now you can top up your account with either giropay, EPS, iDEAL, Bancontact or Przelewy24.
With our ambition to be easy to use and after payment suggestions from customers (thank you!), we happily announce the addition of five European payment methods.
We reserve ourselves from any bugs and welcome you to send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save your cryptocurrency payment requests for another time; we are doing our best to investigate potential additions to that payment section as well.
Our five new payment methods
- giropay is a German payment method based on online banking.
- EPS is an Austria-based payment method that allows customers to complete transactions online using their bank credentials.
- iDEAL is the most popular online payment method in the Netherlands.
- Bancontact is the most popular and secure online payment method in Belgium.
- Przelewy24 is a Poland-based payment method aggregator that allows customers to complete transactions online using bank transfers and other methods.
Timestamp is deleted 40 days after payment
These five payment methods go through Stripe, and in our no-logging of user activity policy you can read about which kind of information we store for 40 days.
Here's the information we store for payments via Stripe:
payment | account number | amount | currency | timestamp* | stripe_charge_id* xxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | 10 | EUR | 2016-12-15 20:42:26 | xxxxxxxxx
*stripe_charge_id and the time part (hh:mm:ss) of timestamp is deleted 40 days after payment.
For the universal right to privacy – five new payment methods at a time,