The latest version of the Mullvad VPN app finally brings WireGuard to Windows users.
What’s new in this version
WireGuard comes to Windows
Windows users, the wait is over! You can now turn on the WireGuard protocol directly in the app.
New CLI commands
Terminal users, try these out in the command line interface:
- mullvad relay set tunnel-protocol lets you specify which tunnel protocol you want to use, independently of setting other tunnel constraints.
- mullvad reconnect tells the app to randomly choose a new server and reconnect to it.
- Improved WireGuard port selection by automatically falling back to port 53 if connection fails.
- (Linux) A few bug fixes have improved overall stability and DNS management.
- (Windows) Addressed a number of issues relating to the TAP adapter, which should eliminate problems experienced when the computer goes into sleep mode.
- (Windows) Fixed the issue of users getting stuck in the app’s offline state.
- (Windows) DNS management is more stable.
Additions and changes
- System notifications now show the name of the server you’re connecting to.
- (Windows) The uninstall process is improved.
- (Windows) Increased time window between crashes to troubleshoot and send problem report.
- We addressed the recent CVE-2019-14899 vulnerability affecting Linux and *nix systems.
- We tightened the security of OpenVPN by further limiting the ciphers it may use.
Download the app