We are looking for an experienced front-end developer equipped with both design and programming expertise to further develop Mullvad's website.
Together with a small team, you will take primary responsibility in bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. You will work closely with our communications specialist to translate UI/UX needs into actual code that will produce the visual elements of the website. This role requires taking an active role in design and front-end development, defining how the website both looks and works.
This is an ongoing, full-time position. Mullvad is located in Gothenburg, Sweden. While we prefer an on-site addition to our team, at least in the initial months, we welcome remote-based applicants too.
- You have a few years’ experience developing and designing websites.
- You are comfortable with creating a design from scratch, as well as implementing it.
- You are capable of collaborating closely with a team of diverse skill sets.
- You understand the importance of approaching web design from a UI/UX perspective.
- You have proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- You are fluent in English.
Nice but not necessary
Experience in the following areas is also a plus:
- front-end build tools, for example Webpack
- UI/UX design and testing.
We believe in having a life outside of work. That’s why we offer
- flexible working hours
- 25 days of annual paid vacation
- 500 EUR annually in allowance toward wellness-related activities (friskvårdsbidrag)
- the possibility of working remotely for extended periods of time.
We also offer opportunities for growth. Aside from company-initiated opportunities for attending various national and international conferences, you will also have the option to attend one of your choosing per year. In addition, we’ll pay for any reading material that you feel contributes to your professional development.
Apply by June 15
If you’re interested in joining our team, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15. Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so the position may be filled before the deadline.
Mullvad is a VPN service that helps keep internet users’ online activity, identity, and location private. We are a team fully dedicated to our goal – making internet censorship and surveillance ineffective.