You will be part of the app development team (we’re seven today). Even though your primary focus will likely be on bringing new features to Android, you will have the opportunity to learn new technology and work with the app on other platforms as well if you’d like. So there is opportunity to learn/work with Rust, iOS, TypeScript and more. The team work with open source software only. The entire app we are creating, and want your help to develop further, is available on github.
You love to discuss how we could collect and store less, and rather delete more data and you value quality over quantity. Always. You also have a curious mind for systems with a heavy focus on security and privacy. Right?
Our four wishes
- The UI and the base of the Android app is written in Kotlin, and this is where we hope and expect you to be able to contribute.
- You should be familiar with creating Android UIs and handling the app life cyclein general.
- However, the backend of the app, creating the actual VPN tunnel and keeping the device secure is written in Rust. This Rust backend is the same code base that runs on desktop. We do not expect you to know any Rust, but it is a plus if you’re interested in learning. If you know how to interact with other languages (FFI/jni) from Kotlin/Java that is a plus.
- The team consists of people from various countries and backgrounds. So, you are expected to have good communication skills in English.
- START: Right away
- LOCATION: Gothenburg, Sweden
- JOB HOURS: Full-time
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org (for questions regarding the position, not applications)
Detechtiv is responsible for your personal data and this recruitment process.