This guide is for iOS (iPhone) users who want to connect to Mullvad's WireGuard servers by using the official WireGuard app.
Download WireGuard app
Download and install the WireGuard app from the App Store.
Note: Please use Safari in the following instructions as some users have reported that other browsers do not work.
Generate and import configuration file
- In a browser window on your iOS device, navigate to our WireGuard configuration generator.
- Enter your Mullvad account number in the Account number field.
- Click on Generate a new key pair. (Generate a separate key pair for each device that you use.)
- From the Server drop-down menu, select All (other options currently don't work).
- Click on Download and wait 5–10 seconds for the file to begin downloading.
- When prompted, select OK to open the .zip file in the WireGuard app.
- Click on Allow when WireGuard asks to add VPN configurations.
- You may need to enter your device's passcode in order to confirm.
Connect and disconnect
- Open the WireGuard app.
- Click on the button next to the WireGuard server you wish to use in order to connect or disconnect.
- You're all set! You can visit am.i.mullvad.net to check your connection.
Using multiple devices?
If you're running WireGuard on multiple devices, generate a separate key pair for each device. You will otherwise likely run into connectivity issues.
Is it working?
While on your device, visit am.i.mullvad.net to get a quick overview of your Mullvad-WireGuard connection status. In addition, it's a good time to check if your browser is leaking information and therefore jeopardizing your privacy.
- WireGuard homepage
- WireGuard whitepaper (PDF)
- WireGuard installation instructions
- WireGuard quickstart instructions
- Donate to WireGuard development
- Formal verification of WireGuard protocol
- wg(8) homepage
- wg-quick(8) homepage
"WireGuard" is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.