We provide you with a number of ways, from simple to more complicated, to retrieve your account number.
If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can instead create a new account.
Look in the Mullvad VPN app
In the Mullvad app, click on the Settings icon (cogwheel) and then Account to find your account number.
Follow the money
Based up your payment method, there are a number of ways to find your account number.
Use the page Account recovery for PayPal users if your payment was made 29 OCT 2019 or newer.
Single Payments: You will find your Invoice ID on your payment information summary on Paypal's website.
Subscriptions: You will find your payment token by navigating to Billing details for your Mullvad subscription and then look for Invoice number.
If your Paypal subscription was started before 29 OCT 2019 or if you do not use subscriptions and your payment was made before 29 OCT 2019, then please email email@example.com with your Paypal Transaction ID ideally from the Paypal registered email address.
Use the page Voucher account recovery for Vouchers holders.
Mullvad token that can be found on your bank statement for the most recent payment, it should have the format of
Mullvad*xxxxxxxxxx however, it might look slightly different depending on your bank.
Use the page Account recover for credit card users.
If the Account recover tool does not retrieve your account number , If your Bank statement does not display the payment token, or if the payment was done before 01 NOV 2019, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- the last four digits of your credit or debit card
- the expiry date (month/year)
- the date, time, and corresponding time zone at which you made the payment.
- The amount that was paid.
Use the page Account recovery for Bitcoin users.
If you have made your payment through one or several mixers, this method will not work.
Using the Bitcoin Cash address from which you sent the payment, sign the message with the word mullvad and send the signature , the from address that was used and the transaction ID to us at email@example.com. Please do not send us your private Bitcoin Cash key.
If you're unsure as to which address you sent the payment from, you can use blockexplorer.com to retrieve it by entering the Mullvad Bitcoin Cash address that received the payment.
Not sure how to sign messages? Here's an example using Electron Cash:
- Navigate to View > Show Addresses.
- Select the Bitcoin Cash address from which you made the payment.
- Right-click and choose Sign/verify message.
- Enter the word mullvad in the Message field, then click Sign.
- Use the result in the Signature field (a long string of characters ending in "=") as your signature.
This is time sensitive since we shred the envelopes shortly after receiving them. To help us find the correct one, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as many of the following details as possible:
- what the envelope looks like
- the postage date on envelope
- the location from which it was sent
- the value that it contained.
Send an email to email@example.com and provide us with
- the date of the transaction
- the amount of the transaction
- the bank from which it was sent or your name.
Use the page Account recovery for Swish users.
If you do not have an Order ID (This is the payment token for Swish) , then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with
- the first eight characters of the Order ID.
- the date and time of payment
- the amount.
If you do not have an Order ID, which would be the case if you have made the payment before 07 Aug 2019,
then include the phonenumber of the device that made the payment.
To find your Order ID, open the Swish app, and tap on Payments, and then tap on the payment .