Install Mullvad app on Windows
This guide explains how to install and uninstall the Mullvad VPN app for Windows users.
- Windows 7 or later with a 64-bit operating system.
- If you still have the old, deprecated Mullvad client on your computer, you first need to uninstall it. Otherwise, you will run into issues with the app.
Download and install the app
- Download the latest version of the app from our website.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to install the app.
- If you receive a warning window like the one below, click on More info.
- Then click on the Run anyway button that appears to allow the installation to continue.
- Click Install in the Windows Security pop-up window. This allows the necessary TAP adapter to be installed.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch the app directly.
Uninstall the app
To uninstall the app from your computer, you'll need to access the Windows settings.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- In the search field type "programs" and click on Add or remove programs in the results.
- In the list of programs that appears, find Mullvad VPN and single-click on it to select it.
- Click on the Uninstall button and confirm that you want to uninstall the app.
- Windows will proceed to uninstall the app and erase its local log files and cache. You'll also have the option to remove your settings.
- Click on OK once it's complete.