Our year of expansion – looking back on 2016
19 Dezember 2016
We have had an amazing year at Mullvad. In 2016, we focused primarily on expanding our service across the globe. Here's a rundown of the improvements we've made:
- We increased the number of countries we offer by more than 250%, adding servers in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK.
- We expanded our server capacity by 150% from 23 to a total of 59.
- We launched a new website, complete with helpful user guides.
- Our team increased with two full-time hires.
- We released new client software.
- SOCKS5 proxy is now available on all of our servers.
We proudly sponsored the OWASP security conference in Gothenburg.
We upgraded our server infrastructure to deliver increased security.
- We mitigated a rather nasty information leak for Windows users.
For the security conscious, we started signing our client releases.
Thanks for having been a part of this exciting year with us. We hope you enjoy these final days of 2016 and wish you a Happy New Year!